APS Online offers supplemental enrollment option for ALL APS high school students grades 7-12. We recommend you talk with your counselor prior to applying.
Please review the following which outlines the expectations for Supplemental students:
APS Supplemental Online Student Expectations: This opportunity is one that will benefit you and develop a set of learning skills that will help you later in life in college, your career or in your training with the military. The biggest misunderstanding in online education is that people believe online education is easier or takes less time than a traditional school. This modality of learning is simply a different way of receiving instruction and displaying your knowledge; not easier, not less time.
All students enrolled will be accountable for the following:
- Have and maintain access to a working computer and high-speed internet for a minimum of 1 hour a day, per class enrollment.
- Daily log in to ALL online courses before 12 p.m.
- Minimum weekly time commitment of 5 hours of work with the content, per class (as assigned and directed by the teacher).
- Meeting all required due dates as the teacher directs.
- Participation in the course discussions and projects.
- Submission of assignments.
- Respond to teacher contact within 24 hours.
- Read and adhere to all individual Course Expectations outlined in the Course Syllabus.
To ensure your success in these part-time courses, students can expect the following support:
- Direct phone numbers, texting and emails with instructor. Instructors will respond to your questions and needs promptly.
- Communication from the teacher to students and parents notifying the student of progress or lack of progress.
- Communication to the home school counselor of weekly progress grades.
- Updated progress in Schoology grade book and Parent Portal for Infinite Campus.
- Your grade in this course will count on your GPA.
- Your course will appear for credit on your transcript.
- Your course will count towards credit on your diploma.