Minimum Standards and Expectations:
The following minimum standards apply for a student to remain above the probationary level at APS Online High School:
- Five .25 credits successfully earned each Quarter (Most students complete 6 or 7).
- Face-to-face attendance, depending on your academic & attendance background. This could consist of totally virtual, or 2-5 days a week in the APS Online classroom (As success is demonstrated, less F2F time can be offered. The more successful a student is, this requirement can be relaxed and waived).
- 6-7 hours a day, 5 days a week devoted to working on classes. NO exceptions. Online school is NOT EASIER or LESS TIME THAN A TRADITIONAL SCHOOL – you have the flexibility to put in the required hours at more flexible times.
A student who is enrolled at APS Online High School on a full-time basis is considered to be making satisfactory progress toward meeting graduation requirements if the following apply:
- He/she completes satisfactorily at least 1.5 to 2 credits each Quarter of full-time enrollment.
- Student attends face-to-face all Mandatory Attendance Days
- ASPIRE Testing Dates
- October 1
- Practice ACT
- Class Meeting Dates
- His/her performance represents a pattern, which does not jeopardize the chances of satisfactorily completing degree requirements.